Help - Question about Sentinel X200

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
firstly, please forgive my ignorance if I'm asking something silly..

I'm thinking of applying x200 in the system to reduce some boiler noise. I live in a flat with Vented system. As suggested per instruction, I can just pour the liquid into the f&e tank on the loft. I think the hot water, power shower and CH all use the cylinder.. we also have the f&e cold water from the tank too. (by testing the cold water tap in the bathroom) If I pour the liquid in the tank firstly it won't circulate as water runs through tap and secondly it could be something that I drink? I'm totally confused. Please could someone help me..

Sponsored Links
That's picture is of a pressured system, so no help to you.

You need to put it in the smaller central heating tank, not the larger main cold water tank.

I would also advise draining a small amount of water out the system first, otherwise the liquid will just sit in the tank and go nowhere.

You may have a vented cylinder, but your heating system may be vented or sealed. It might even be primatic.

A vented heating system will have a small F&E tank. The large tank which stores your cold water is not an F&E tank: it is a storage cistern. Do NOT put chemicals in you cold water storage cistern.

A sealed system will have a (red) pressure vessel, which may be integral to the boiler, and a pressure gauge, but no F&E tank.

Before you go tipping chemicals in tanks, determine what those tanks contain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back