Help!! Ravenheat combi prob - central heating not working:(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi hope someone can help me!

Was bleeding some upstairs radiators (when heating was on) and the pressure went and the heating stopped (no normal whooshing noise etc or heat!!). Got the pressure up again but still no heating.

It whooshes for the hot water but the heat is dead!!!

Has anyone got any ideas, i've looked through the manual but it doesnt make alot of sense.

Thanks

Caz

please note 5 in forum rules

Sponsored Links
If pressure went low it would either cut out due to overheat stat or due to low pressure switch.

If OH stat, some of these need manually reseting, look for that in your manual. Some are a red button, some are a cross shaped gey or black plastic bit. Also worth isolating main power to boiler for 10 seconds then turn on again.

If low pressure switch, drain down, remove, clean out sludge, refit refill.

You can test either lps or oh stat with ohm meter, Turn off power to boiler, if you get conductivity they are fine, if you don't they are the cause.

Next time switch off before bleeding and top up before switching on dummy!

Thanks for advice, didnt know to bleed when heating off. Fella not to pleased either!

limeroad said:
It whooshes for the hot water but the heat is dead!!!
Which I think translates as DHW OK but CH not. So I'm afraid much of Paul's advice doesn't apply, since in the case of an overheat cut-out or low water pressure switch, nothing would work.

Limeroad, it would help if you would identify the model of your boiler - there are lots of different Ravenheats. Then we might be able to pin it down for you.

Sponsored Links
Iagree bit I was using my cruystal ball and assuming the wooshes when using hot water meant he heard the water running through on the dhw side that's all. It will be interesting to find out whop has the best crystal ball? Mines beena bit smokey for a while, must clean the boss white smears off it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back