Help Redoing Bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im a keen diy'er and have been redoing the bathroom in my victorian terrace. I ripped everything out and took the plaster back to the bricks as this was crumbling away. i have taken up the old floorboard so as to re-route the pipes so at the moment its brick walls and joists.

Im a bit unsure in which order do i do things from here. My thought is to get the electrician in for the first fix and then get the room plastered, after which i lay the plywood floor and put in the shower tray before getting the floor tiled and then finish off the rest.

However someone suggested they would put the shower in tray and ply the floor before having the room plastered so now im confused.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsored Links
I would have your first fix electrics done first as you have suggested prior to plastering.
Can't see why putting the shower tray in and plying to floor prior to plastering would offer any benefits, may be it will offer a better seal around the tray but if the shower area is to be tiled I wouldn't.
I would have the messy work done before plying out and setting tray.

Electric,Pipework first , plaster, shower tray has to be sealed to plasterwork before tiling then again after tiling.Tile floor, tile walls and install sanitary ware.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back