Help removing tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've got a leaking mixer tap on the bathroom sink. The handles are bullet shaped and there are no screws. I've tried twisting and pulling but not with great force as one or the other will snap them.

I've searched Google but cannot find similar taps. Wonder if anyone has experience of them and knows how to take apart?
20201114_133831.jpg
20201114_133843.jpg

Sponsored Links
Just noticed as I posted, there seems to be a slim chrome ring between tap and coloured ring. Perhaps need to grip that and twist handle?

If no screws hold it ,then it will just pull off. That , however,is sometimes quite a challenge as limescale tends to fuse the parts together.
It looks like 1/4 turn valves ,and valves have to be replaced if they don't fully close ,sometimes a waste of time replacing them and better to fit a new tap.

Sponsored Links
Hello. I have the same tap and problem. I would be very grateful to know how you managed to remove the handles and what value size/type you used to fix the leak please?

Hello. I have the same tap and problem. I would be very grateful to know how you managed to remove the handles and what value size/type you used to fix the leak please?
As previously advised: remove and fit new tap, all of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back