Help replacing floor tile grout with floor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I'm looking for some advice on repairing my floor. When we moved into the house there was a tile floor in the kitchen dining room over an ifra red under floor heating system.

It appears that the kitchen (which is an extension) has a concrete floor and the old dining room has a wood floor, this is the source of the problem. There is a small degree of movement in some of the tiles and I think they have used a standard rather than flexible grout, this is causing the grout to crack and come out.

I have attached an image of the floor below.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem without damaging the under floor heating? Could the grout between tiles be dug out and replaced with the flexible type?

I'd appreciate any advice, even if it's the right type of trade’s person to contact.

Thanks.

View media item 87891

Sponsored Links
Ok I'm stuck with this issue. Can anyone suggest what type of trades person I should contact to advise on this issue?

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back