Most Flexible Floor Grout ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The wooden under my lovely white tiled floor must be loosening up a bit and a slight bit of movement is evident by the cracking of the grout.

I know the answer is to lift the tiles and ply etc etc but Im looking for a quicker (even short term) solution.

So Im planning to scrape out the cracked grout and regrout with the most flexible grout known to man.

I'd love to hear your suggestions from your previous floor grout experiences.

Sponsored Links
When there is too much movement or too much expanding/contraction of temperature this happens. A really good extra flex grout is Granfix's 'Ultimate flex' grout which is powdered & equivalent to a 2 part flex but with the benefit of just having to add water.

The wooden under my lovely white tiled floor must be loosening up a bit and a slight bit of movement is evident by the cracking of the grout.

I know the answer is to lift the tiles and ply etc etc but Im looking for a quicker (even short term) solution.

So Im planning to scrape out the cracked grout and regrout with the most flexible grout known to man.

I'd love to hear your suggestions from your previous floor grout experiences.

this has been re-posted, you had replys to this thread a couple of weeks ago

jctilingservices

I didnt re post... but whats the problem if I did and whats it got to do with you. Are you the diynot police ?

If u dont have any advice then.... byeeeeeeeeeeee

Sponsored Links
jctilingservices

I didnt re post... but whats the problem if I did and whats it got to do with you. Are you the diynot police ?

if you did re-post you have already had replies to your query

what it has to do with me IS, why should i or anyone else waste time replying only for it to be re-posted again, which in effect is just ignoring the advice given

if this is re-posted- i did give you advice

IF you are not the same person with this exact same query, i APPOLOGISE profusely to you.

jctilingservices

Mate i owe you an appology, i have just checked back through previous posts and it was NOT you who posted the topic i was refering to, although it was more or less identical it was nt you, so i do appologise.

i would opt for Bal FastFlex 2 part adhesive ( 1 part powder, 1 part latex liquid)

failing that Bal fastflex 1 part, but to be honest with you the 2 part is by far the best although a bit more expensive, its 1 bag to 1 container of latex, just mix it together and you have a really good flexible adhesive.
But obviously depending on the movement of your subtrate this may not work for long.
hope this helps, and once again i am sorry but i did make a genuine mistake

JCT...thanks for the really helpful advice.... and I appreciate your apology.

Cheers mate

I have the same problem.

I tried using silicon as a substitute to grout. I only applied it on selected areas as a trial ... the used it where the grout had cracked, fallen down the crack because of the movement.

It works ... kind of ... you have to be very fast because the silicon can dry quickly as you are trying to force it down the crack and then smooth it out. Also you have to tape the tiles ... so it does become a tedious process.

However I won't go ahead with this option because 1) it very tedious, 2) on the edge where the silcon ends and the tile is ... dirt can gather when I mop the floor.

But if you don't have a big area and don't mop every night ... it may be a solution for flexible grout.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back