What is best sealant for light coloured floor tile grout????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Further to my recent post regarding regrouting of bathroom porcelain floor tiles, what sealant would you recommend to keep the light coloured floor tile grout looking clean. Also, will the grout sealant reduce the rate that the grout may wear away over time due to moisture, foot traffic and mopping etc.

Many thanks for your opinion(s).

Mutley56 :D

Sponsored Links
we use aquamix grout sealer, expensive stuff but works great, water based & guards against water, oil & acid based contaminents, interior or exterior use, non-yellowing formula

costs approx £10 for a 710ml bottle

Could almost have been copied straight from trades direct. http://www.trades-direct.co.uk/modules/shop/view.asp?Prodcode=10101010101010

"Water-based sealer that resists water, oil and acid-based contaminants. Simplifies maintenance and does not change the appearance of the grout.Allows moisture vapor transmission.Use inside or out, can last upto 5 years. Non yellowing acrylic formula."

Sponsored Links
other grout protectors are available! i personally use a spray on one, you can do it with wet or dry grout, never had any complaints.

Dear all,

Please accept my belated thanks for replying to my enquiry :rolleyes:

All good and useful information to me.

Mutley56 :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back