Help req Hive heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi , I’m looking for some help with my self installed hive heating . I have a Worcester junior 28i , previously I used a BG rc plus wireless system . I decided to upgrade to a hive active heating 2 system only to find out that BG say everything there side appears to be working ok , but when I go to turn up the heating it fails to fire up the boiler :( . I had been advised that is used the some wiring can anyone help advise me please ?
Many thanks in advance , Scott

Attachments

• 83D8647A-D2F8-40F9-B199-B9DCE631E13E.png
    83D8647A-D2F8-40F9-B199-B9DCE631E13E.png
    902.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 4A3242CC-40C2-439A-996D-4F22F966CDBF.jpeg
    4A3242CC-40C2-439A-996D-4F22F966CDBF.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 129
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
To tell you the truth I am not sure . I purchased the hive to control both hot water and the heating , although to be honest I wondered why I needed to control the hot water
After watching you tube and comparing options I went with this one (image ) .
As you will see the hot water shows it is on , but it doesn’t fire the boiler up .
(I have put the thermostat in the image also, normally it is down stairs )

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 112
That's the point, you don't have to control the water with a combi-boiler.

Can you swap it for a single channel?

Hi , no I went back to the store where I purchased it and they only offered a replacement if it was faulty .

Does this mean it won’t work , or are you aware of a way it will work but only to control the heating ?

Really appreciate this help . I’m normally ok with the hands on stuff and tech , but clearly I need to work on it a little

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back