Help! Hive 2 Thermostat wiring to Logic Combi 30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for your help in Advance
I have been given a Hive 2 full set up as a gift and would like some help in wiring it. The hive set up is for Heating & hot water but can this be used with a Combi system?
Also my boiler is currently wired to come on when I manually switch it on from the boiler as the previous thermostat stopped working!
Any help or advice is very much appreciated.
Attached are the pictures for both hive receiver and the boiler.

Attachments

• IMAG2251.jpg
    IMAG2251.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 3,139
  • IMAG2252.jpg
    IMAG2252.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 2,385
Sponsored Links
With the boiler stat link removed, the terminal that you test as live (using your multimeter) is the live out to the Hive, the other will be the switched live (call for heat).
there are no controls for HW from the Hive. It will only control the heating. You've already been advised about this
Well, you won't need the second channel - DHW - with your combi.

Sponsored Links
With the boiler stat link removed, the terminal that you test as live (using your multimeter) is the live out to the Hive, the other will be the switched live (call for heat).
there are no controls for HW from the Hive. It will only control the heating. You've already been advised about this
Well, you won't need the second channel - DHW - with your combi.

Many thanks for your help

Im trying to do the exact same thing and just use the heating side of a Hive 2 heating and hot water with my Logic Combi 30, Just wired up Permanent Neutral, Permanent Live, and Heating NC. Thats all that was wired up on my Combi to the old honey well stat. The wire that goes to heating NC is the black wire that goes to one side of the room stat block.

I then set up the Hive and it seemed to work i had heat out the rad but it was on all the time untill i turned the fused spur off to shut it down, since then the boiler spur back on but no heat do i need to wire up something to heating on (NO)? Is that what i need to test with mutlimeter and see which one is call for heat?

Attachments

• IMG_7272.JPG
    IMG_7272.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 1,177
You need to move the wire, assuming it's the right one, from NC (Normally Closed - connected when off) to NO (Normally Open - connected when on).

Thanks very much for the quick responce EFLImpudence just to confirm, i need to keep everthing how it is at the boiler end i just need to move the black wire that i connected to the Hive receiver from PIN2 Heating off (NC) to PIN4 heating on (NO) instead?

Attachments

• IMG_7285.JPG
    IMG_7285.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,177
  • IMG_7284.JPG
    IMG_7284.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,211
Yes.

You said -
Im trying to do the exact same thing and just use the heating side of a Hive 2 heating and hot water with my Logic Combi 30, Just wired up Permanent Neutral, Permanent Live, and Heating NC. Thats all that was wired up on my Combi to the old honey well stat.

It would not have been "and heating NC" it would have been "and heating NO".

This worked for me.

IMG_20200328_145310__01.jpg
IMG_20200328_145240__01.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200328_145310__01.jpg
    IMG_20200328_145310__01.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_20200328_145240__01.jpg
    IMG_20200328_145240__01.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 360
It might work but it’s not correct.

You need green&yellow sleeving on those bare earth wires!:mad:

that white 2-core flex should be 3-core to include an earth (CPC).

looking at @adnanrana pictures assuming twin channel it would seem the twin flex brown does nothing? Connected to heating N/C and live supply it may mean any off switch on boiler panel does not work, but that is clearly wired wrong even if it does work, no brown or green/yellow sleeving is nothing when it could mean way it is wired boiler will not switch off due to back feed.

It may be the boiler connects Line and the terminal with brown twin flex internal without any switches or fuses between the two, but still bad practice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back