Hive wiring help for newbie please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys I'm after some help, I would like to swap my old broken dial thermostat to a hive unit.
I want to make sure I can get this right or I will get a pro in.
I currently have the rf receiver unit by the boiler and was wondering if it's a case of using the same wires into the hive unit ?
I'll add a picture of my current setup.
I see that the common on the hive is number 1 so can I just literally change the 2 wires in terminal 2 to number 1 on the hive set up and everything else leave the same?.
Really appreciate any help.
Many thanks.
Mike.
IMG_20231107_130946.jpg

Sponsored Links
The Drayton wiser and Hive use the same wiring, there are three versions. Hive as long as you get the one channel should be a straight swap. However with yours it seems the wires in 2 need moving to 1.
1699399827832.png
The wiser has the option of OpenTherm, and a three channel version, and the TRV heads which goes with it are better quality with the wiser version.
1699400258379.png
Both are the same. Except if used the module
1699400491384.png
which is only fitted to Wiser.

Thank you very much. It would be the one channel. I'll take a look at the others you mentioned.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back