Hive wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently about to set up hive active heating with a combi boiler so bought the single channel receiver.
At present I have a Danfoss Randallset1 and a Honewell hard wired thermostat which I am going to replace however I would like confirmation that I am going to wire it correctly and was wondering if I could get some help.
Have posted pics of current setup and the hive setup that is required my question is, is what I propose correct?
5 from the Danfoss which I believe is the common to 1 on the Hive
4 from the Danfoss which I believe is Heating on to 3 on the Hive
Live and neutral same on Danfoss as Hive
Then join 1 and 3 together in a connector block where the existing stat is
Thanks in anticipation
danfoss-randall-set2-jpg.204414
img_1195-jpg.204415
img_2284-jpg.204416
img_2292-jpg.204417

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/hive-wiring.552572/#ixzz6Xfnl7GO0

Sponsored Links
I have just had a better look at all the wiring and all is not as it seems. All L N and E as as you would expect. On the boiler terminals 3 & 4 are used 3 goes to 5 on the timer ( marked com on their manual) 4 has been moved and bypasses the timer and now goes straight to 3 on the stat, terminal 2 on the stat although wired has been terminated. Terminal 4 on the timer goes to terminal 1 on the stat. Not sure what to do now, do I just wire 3 & 4 from the boiler to 1 & 3 on the hive

The hive replaces both time clock and thermostat, I would expect all cables to be at time clock so you will need to disconnect the thermostat at that point, there could be a junction box often called a wiring centre but unlikely.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back