Hive heating question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to install hive heating to my system, which is a separate water and heating zone valve system with a separate hot water tank.

The controller is a danfoss mk18 cp715-SI it only appears to have HW and HTG on terminals wired. I was expecting more terminals to be wired. Should this work with the hive dual channel controller?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes. It looks to be exactly the same wiring.
You might have to bypass an existing thermostat if you have one.
Either at the wiring centre or boiler.

upload_2021-12-9_17-3-18.png

upload_2021-12-9_17-2-43.png

Thank you very much for such a quick response!

So it should work even though the current back plate only has live, neutral and terminal 3 & 4 wired?

Yes there is an external thermostat, if I left that in for now but put it up to 30 should the hive still work or do I need to bypass it immediately?

Sponsored Links
Change over switches, so the other terminals aren’t used in your situation, as once the live to the zone valves is stopped, then they spring close.

Thank you very much both of you! Very kind taking the time to help me out. I will have a go tomorrow in fitting.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back