Help please for wiring a Hive receiver - thanks!

I wasn't sure what you meant about linking out the old thermostat so I have just set it to maximum.
It basically means remove the old thermostat and link the live and switched live wire together completing the circuit, but setting to max is fine.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Chris. You have been really helpful. Your assistance has been much appreciated. Fiona

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
What boiler, Is it a Combi boiler? Do you have a timer, if yes, This will need to be set to constantly on and Hive will override. Did you replace a thermostat or a programmer?

Fitted mine today, wired up as instructed.
Guess what, didn't work. I flicked switch onto constant on boiler and all works OK.

Thank you very much CBW, I have not read that vital bit of information anywhere

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Three wiring diagrams for same back plate, you need to start own thread and say what you have, zone valves etc.

Attachments

• upload_2021-6-3_5-56-54.png
    upload_2021-6-3_5-56-54.png
    105.7 KB · Views: 79
  • temp2.jpg
    temp2.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 68
Sponsored Links
I read switch onto constant on boiler as using some switch on boiler not the thermostat. I do that when testing boiler as boiler not in main house.

Re-reading I think he may have been referring to:-
It basically means remove the old thermostat and link the live and switched live wire together completing the circuit, but setting to max is fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back