Help required with Thorne Apollo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My old Apollo was working fine up until a few days ago when it went out & the pilot refused to stay lit when I released the valve.

I replaced the thermocouple & the pilot head with no improvement. I eventually managed to get the pilot to stay lit when I short circuited (for testing) the interuptor on the Thermocouple.

The boiler now has a pilot light, when I try to fire it up it sounds like the main boiler is lighting (woof) but there is no hot water circulating. After a few minutes the overheat cut-out appears to kick in and the whole thing (including the pilot) shuts down with a loud click.

I have also noticed that the pump appears to be permenently running when the power is applied to the boiler - irrespective of whether the boiler is (or has been lit). I have tried setting the 3-way valve to manual but cannot seem to get any water circulating.

I appreciate that I will have to bring in a (Corgi) engineer but would appreciate any opinions as to my problem.

Obviously the thermocouple interruptor will require changing and it could be that the pump has also packed up, but would a failed pump cause it to appear to be running continuously or would some other fault cause this. Bear in mind it was working fine up until a few days ago and I cannot believe that multiple critical faults have all occured together.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Not all of the above can be true (surely!).
If after the woof it overheats , but nothing's got hot??
The pump's running, but there's no circulation?? At all??

Have you done anythng to let air in??
Could be coincidentally short of water - bled any rads?
Check header tank.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back