Help required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Daughter wanted those composite doors fitted but the cost of two new ones were ridiculous prices. I persuaded her not to part with that amount of money but instead buy those oak engineered doors instead.

The entire project was to match the rosewood upvc windows which are all around the house.

She purchased these two oak engineered doors and had them professionaly fitted. Whilst she was at work I said I would stain them with Ronseal 5 year protection in Rosewood. The match is no where close to the rosewood pvc windows nor the existing frame which was stained. I applied another coat but it made no difference. She is distraught and upset with me for making her change to wooden doors.

Is there anything I can do other than sand the entire door down back to the wood.
Thanks for looking in.
Kind regards Denn.

Sponsored Links
Oh dear Dad!
Typical you try and help and it bites you on the bum!
Almost impossible to match finishes even with similar woods matching a UPVC finish hopeless unless you stick on Fablon. ;)

I would strip a section on top of the door out of sight and use a selection of real wood stains rather than a varnish and when I can get the closest shade seal with satin varnish.

Sponsored Links
Sorry should have said wood dye rather than stain. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back