New Woodwork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We want to replace 3 Doors, 3 Sets of Linings with Architrave and skirting to match. As we intend to move we don't want to spend loads of money (i have had a quote for Oak at £1337.00 excl vat and fitting). Should we
be unable to sell we want something reasonable we can live with but not neccessarily Oak. We like the idea of the Internal Upvc Doors which can be purchased in 'wood' effect and just be wiped over and require no painting, staining, waxing or varnishing. But our problem would be with the door linings. I believe you can' t get them in Upvc? and I am assuming until I get better idea, that we would have to use plain wood and then stain to colour match? Anyone good ideas how to get round this?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies; firstly we definitely are intent on moving but if we are not able to because of lack of interest (only) then because of our 'old' ages we want to install something that will
last...and last...and last! :LOL:

What exactly is meant by graining? (Sorry!)
Still trying to navigate the site hence my two answers in one box!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What exactly is meant by graining? (Sorry!)
Graining is a faux paint finish. A good (old-fashioned) painter and decorator could paint both the doors and casings to get an oak effect. There's a primer on DIY graining here. Doubtless one of the naysayers will be along shortly to "rubbish" the suggestion, but it's a technique which is seen in many places, from traditional narrow boat cabins to stately homes. It is also relatively cheap to achieve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back