Wood Staining - Frame & Door

s67

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a new front door and frame fitted to my house to get rid of the 1980's white UPVC monstrosity.
I have chosen a timber frame and door in light oak, but due to the costs of an oak frame I have been offered the african indigbo wood as an alternative. I agreed as long as it matches the door as I only want to varnish the door or apply a light stain to it before varnish. I took a piece of the Indigbo to the door place and held it against a door or two and found a door that was very similar in colour. I ordered the door which arrived on Friday but it is nothing like the Indigbo as the door I first held the indigbo against had been in the shop 5 years and had changed colour.
I have concluded as wood is a natural product the chances of me getting two different types of wood to match naturally will be almost impossible.

My question is - if I apply a light oak stain by ronseal or similar would it even up the colours?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back