Help required

Don't use water seal, brickwork need to breath or will encourage penetrating damp.

Sponsored Links
I thought water seal would create a barrier to stop water getting in the brick ?

so u think better to point and paint and then redo flashing.

Yes , water seal unless perfectly applied ( very difficult to do)will trap rain water inside the brickwork .

ok i've sacked the water seal idea and started painting, now the flashing, i've gone into the mortar and created a nice gap can i still use self adhesive flashing and push it into this gap ? together with primer of course ?

Sponsored Links
Ok so i'm going down the taking mortar out route so i've created my line, plan is to use primer and stick the flashing into this gap cover it will cement and stick it over the pvc flashing as shown is this right way to do it.

Attachments

• 20170813_180010.jpg
    20170813_180010.jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 114
  • 20170813_180151.jpg
    20170813_180151.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 98
When I built my veranda a few months back I had the problem of a curved wall rather than a warped baton so slit the baton in 1m segments about 70% depth to allow it to curve with the wall (you can slit your warped baton to "unwarp" it against your straight wall):

RupXuex.jpg

And I decided to use twin wall poly rather than that rubbish corrugated stuff since it's so much easier to work with and looks much better:

CEjmvFe.jpg

It also saves a lot of headaches when it comes to the flashing at the wall. I used no flashing at all and don't have leaks... and if I did all I gotta do is inject a bead of silicone between the wall and roof... if that doesn't work then I can screw a thin wooden baton to the wall above the roof and silicone behind it. Endless possibilities and I can walk over it too!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back