Help! Rover 200 Remote Central Locking Failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I went to unlock my car earlier (Rover 200) with the remote central locking keyfob and nothing happened. I'm concerned to try the key in the door lock in case it sets the alarm off and am stumped as to what to do as I can't get the car anywhere to be looked at. I'm almost 100% sure it's not the keyfob battery as it has been working without hesitation until yesterday, when I last used the car. HELP!

Sponsored Links
The alarm wont go off if you use the key. I wouldnt expect any warning that the battery is going. I think it will just stop.

RachelEngland said:
I went to unlock my car earlier (Rover 200) with the remote central locking keyfob and nothing happened. I'm concerned to try the key in the door lock in case it sets the alarm off and am stumped as to what to do as I can't get the car anywhere to be looked at. I'm almost 100% sure it's not the keyfob battery as it has been working without hesitation until yesterday, when I last used the car. HELP!

Since replacing the keyfob battery is the cheapest and simplest option that's where I would start. It is possible for the battery to give up completly without warning.

Willie.

Sponsored Links
if you locked the car using the fob then th alarm WILL go off if you use the key. to replace the battery for the fob, remove battery and press the buttons a few times and the fit the new battery and hopefully it should work if not the next option would be reprograming of the transponder fobs

Back