HELP!"! Somebody give me hope.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had my hallway wall and the wall going up to the landing plastered.
It looked great until I put a mist coat of magnolia on. I thought the plastered wall would be flat like drywall.
If I run my hand along the whole wall I can feel slights bumps (uneveness) and I am worried after coating the wall with 3 coats of Magnolia I am going to be able to see the bumps when the sunlight shines over the wall.

Plastering is a skilled trade. Is there bound to be the odd bumps in a newly plastered wall?

Is there a way of building up the layers of paint to increase the eveness of the wall? How about applying Polycells basecoat complete? As an undercoat to improve the foundation? Somebody please give me hope?

Sponsored Links
I have had my hallway wall and the wall going up to the landing plastered.
It looked great until I put a mist coat of magnolia on. I thought the plastered wall would be flat like drywall.
If I run my hand along the whole wall I can feel slights bumps (uneveness) and I am worried after coating the wall with 3 coats of Magnolia I am going to be able to see the bumps when the sunlight shines over the wall.

Plastering is a skilled trade. Is there bound to be the odd bumps in a newly plastered wall?

Is there a way of building up the layers of paint to increase the eveness of the wall? How about applying Polycells basecoat complete? As an undercoat to improve the foundation? Somebody please give me hope?

I knew a builder that used a spay gun to paint his houses, it made the best plastering look ****. Use a roller!

Sorted!

Nick

Sponsored Links
Plastering is a skilled trade.
Very. ;)
Is there bound to be the odd bumps in a newly plastered wall?
No.
But even the very best walls can show some slight unevenness under bright sun lit conditions from the side or when wall lights or up lighters are used (I always ask!); this will tell you if the plasterer was any good!
Is there a way of building up the layers of paint to increase the eveness of the wall?
Not really.
How about applying Polycells basecoat complete? As an undercoat to improve the foundation?
Bloody awful stuff, can’t see how it will possibly make things look better.
Somebody please give me hope?
If you’re really unhappy, call the plasterer back but the only alternative may be to fill & sand the worst bits or get the whole lot re-skimmed properly; are you sure your not being too fussy :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back