HELP... Tiles falling off...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, Ive just spent the weekend starting to tile the bathroom... fitted about 50 on saturday, all ok untill 430am, when one fell off.... not the best way to wake up...

Anyway, I replaced that one, and all seems ok....

Yesturday, I fitted about 25 tiles (Mainly cuts)..Grrr... all looked ok until this morning...

I was just having a clean upand noticed one loose looking tile, upon inspection, it was, so removed it.... so I then decided to check the others, and found 8 that just fell away with the slightest touch.

the walls are Plasterboard / Plasterd in placed, I dont think its the walls tho, as others have stuck.... When the tiles have come off, the adhisive just doesnt seem to have dried,just sort of skinned and has left the wall wet behind where it was....

I used this adhisive about 2 months ago to replace some tiles downstairs, but then it was sealed back up, and stored in house until now. Could it have gone off?

Any ideas??????

Many thanks....

Sponsored Links
What adhesive did you use?
Is there a chance that you left it spread on the wall too long before fixing the tiles? You should check periodically to see if it's still wet - use the back of your fingers. If it sticks to your fingers then it should be ok. If not, you should really scrape it off and put some fresh stuff on.

Hi, Thanks for the reply...

Its TP Waterproof wall tile adhesive.

As this is the first (MAJOR) tile job ive ever undertaken, i decided to add the adhesive to the tile first, using a spreader tool, keeping an even layer to the notches on the tool all over the tile, then fit direct to the wall. Pushing it onto the wall and insurting spaces to keep things level.

Never heard of TP Waterproof adhesive. Who makes it? Where'd you get it from?
Did you pva or tank the walls before hand?

Sponsored Links
TP Waterproof adhesive

is a failure mud mix that is sold ....truely awful ..
tbh it is a by product from a leading brand ,cough ...cough unibond sh*te...what is swept up an sold ,lol

"i decided to add the adhesive to the tile first"

There you go ... as well .......a horrible way to lay tiles ..lol

spread wall with mud adhesive mix then lay tile , dead easy ..lol

even I ... jase an gcol can do that ,lol ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back