HELP!? tiling a bathroom floor.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Im going to be iling my bathroom floor this afternoon, but seem to be getting contradicting advice.

The room is 2.5m long and about 1.2m wide, (2m if you include the bath and shower cubicle. which run in a continous line on the right side of the bathroom

When tiling the floor there seems to be 2 schools of thought.

1. start with a full tile on edges that can be seen when you enter the room. that would mean starting with a tile against the stud wall, which im not 100% is square, and could leave me with a gap or sliver cut at the opposite end.

2. Find the center of the room and tile in quadrants. but if the room isnt square, surely you end up with slanting tiles, or cuts on the seen edges when you enter the room.

Can someone tell me what would be the NORMAL approach for a bathroom, I want it to look as professional as possible, so either method is ok, just dont know which will look best.

Cheers
Andy

Sponsored Links
measure it as you would a wall, get the tiles square and in the centre, making sure you have no slithers and both edges are relativly even, on such a small area it shows up more if its not,

if you have the time lay the centre of the floor with out doing the edges then when the centre is dry (depending on what adhesive you are using) do the cut edges, do all the cuts before you make any adhesive up and bobs your monkey.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back