Help! Took radiator off for Decorating. Now no heat or Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help! Took Radiator off for decorating early this evening.

I drained the radiators so there was no water left, removed the radiator and placed those pushfit 15mm end caps.

I’ve re-filled the system but cannot get the water or heating to heatup. I have bleed the air on all the radiators. The pump is working and is very hot, the boiler is jugging away, the main pipe in the loft is hot.

This is a conventional system, small tank in the loft. I’ve bleed one of the pipes in the loft also. Yet nothing down below , what’s going on? Please help.

Sponsored Links
turn system off

BLEED PUMP

now vent all rads AND cylinder coil

turn on system

turn system off

BLEED PUMP

now vent all rads AND cylinder coil

turn on system

Ok the bathroom rads are piping hot, now just waiting for the water. The Rads in the bathroom work when the water is switched on. Has it's own diverter I just been told.

I haven't turned the other normal heating rads on yet until I get the hot water hot. Finger crossed... The heating is also on its own diverter. So when the heating is on the rads excluding the bathroom comes on.

So far so good thanks glasgowgas. I'll let you know how I get on.

Sponsored Links
so its an s plan

did you lock the valves on man when refilling

You mean turn the valves off on the rads? If so no, should I next time I put the Rad back on as its bound to happen again and should it be both valves or just the one side.

so its an s plan

did you lock the valves on man when refilling

aach they will back fill on the return, ya fussy b****r ;)

All good but now I have balancing problems, it was meant to be easy...! But at least I got the water and all Rads bar 1 is working. Trying to force the water through by turning the other rads off at the valve. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back