micro bore central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently removed a radiator to decorate and upon remounting it and refilling it my central heating will not come on anymore. The boiler heats the water up in the storage tank ok, but doesn't seem to circulate hot water round the radiators. I've bleed all the radiators, do I need to bleed the pump?

Sponsored Links
yes, you should bleed the pump as running it dry will cause damage.

Try turning the hw off, any bypass valve shut and all rads except the cold one off, oh and pump on full speed.

If you drained system completly you may have moved some cr#p into the manifolds.

Sponsored Links
bleed the checkvalve too if your on a gravity hot water system.

My Plumber recently replaced several of my radiators from the old microbore system. He ran a pipe along to the far end of the rads as appears to be the norm.

Problem is none of the radiators are heating even though you can feel the heat in the pipes leading up to the valve.

Please help

So if he is a plumber why does he not know what to do?

There are several possibilities but surely the man being paid to do the work should be dealing with it?

Tony

One of the biggest skills of a central heating expert is getting the system going again after a drain down.
Sometimes it can take a skilled man hours to get a bum system going.
Knowing when to turn pump off and re- vent etc.
No- one on here can give you a definitive answer to your question.
Each one is different.
Jeff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back