Micro bore central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have micro bore central heating and two of the radiators are cold. If I turn all the other radiators off then they get luke warm. Any ideas how to sort this out. Thanks :confused:

One of the radiators is a small double and the other is a large single one!
No work has been done recently.

Sponsored Links
Its most likely a balancing issue....try search on here for balancing rads if nothing shows up we will write you a new one ;)

unlikely to be a balancing issue as they would work when you turned the others off.

Sludge and or undersized pump

true enough, but they do start getting heat to them....it's just the first thing I'd try. Any work been done on the system recently??

Sponsored Links
Micro - bore so more than likely a partial blockage in the manifolds possibly moved into pipeork.

more thermostatic radiator valves with their pins stuck :?:

do you have thermostatic valves on the radiators :?:

brumylad said:
more thermostatic radiator valves with their pins stuck :?:

do you have thermostatic valves on the radiators :?:

Good thinking brumylad

But all of them, most unlikely :?:

brumylad said:
true but he only has 2 problem rads

Must be all the excitement the last couple of nights.

you could well be right in that case :oops: :oops:

I don't know what Pro has against trades who hang wall paper, I reckon it could be pretty difficult at times, what with matching paterns, hanging straight, bubbles and ceilings.

Give me pipes, drilling and wires any day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back