Help upgrading Drayton Digistat to wiser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi Duo-tec boiler and Drayton SCR with 2rf wireless controller. I would like to upgrade to the wiser 2 channel system. I was hoping I could just switch the hubs, but I cannot control the boiler and assume the wiring needs changing. Could anyone advise?
PXL_20230410_113535511~2.jpg

Sponsored Links
Should be able to clip wiser onto that backplate. What do you mean you can’t control the boiler? Did you definitely purchase a Kit 1?

Hi, yes I can clip the wiser onto the current plate. And connect it to the WiFi etc, but it won't turn on the boiler

Hi, yes I can clip the wiser onto the current plate. And connect it to the WiFi etc, but it won't turn on the boiler
Can you post a photo of the rear of Wiser? Definitely a kit 1?

Sponsored Links
The Wiser would generally replace the existing programmer rather than thermostat.

How do you currently manage the on/off periods for hot water and central heating.

Duotec is a combi boiler
Ok, as you indicated the op requires a kit-1 rather than the 2-channel model mention in the original post. That should be a straightforward swap.

Can you post a photo of the rear of Wiser? Definitely a kit 1?

This is the one I have

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

This is the one I have
You should swap for Kit-1

If you have problems swapping at Screwfix and your boiler supports 240V switching, it may be possible use the 2-channel model leaving the Wiser hot water channel unused. However you should attempt to replace as that's the best way forward.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back