HELP!Urgent Advice Needed Domestic part Re-Wire 17th Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Can anyone give some help and much needed advice please, regarding questions listed below.

How could I tell if electrical work had just been connected up to old existing junction boxes? when quoted for new ring mains.

Had one existing cooker switched socket in kitchen, with a double socket running from it (if the cooker switched off, that isolated the other double socket) Along with two double & one single socket on another wall, also a fused switch and a single switched socket.

In the process of having new kitchen with induction hob, electric double oven, was told I needed new consumer unit, and kitchen on it's own ring main.

Led to believe I would have new 15 fuse box with 30amp oven on it's own ring, 30amp induction hob on it's own ring, seven double sockets on their own ring, and the lights on their own ring on three gang switch.

If this happened would it mean four individual ring mains which take up four fuses on the new consumer box? would all the new wires come direct from the consumer unit box into the walls and new socket locations etc?

Would be grateful for any help and advice anyone could give me please.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back