Help Vaillant ecotec

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I hope someone can help we have a small child and really need help with our heating. So we have a Vaillant ecotec which is currently still giving hot water but no heating.

When we went to put it on Sunday it would not come on, when I looked the water pressure was low so I opened the valves which I have done before and topped up the levels. I reset the boiler as it would not come on and fiddled with the temperatures and without realising activated the comfort mode. I left it a few hours and the heating came on. (This has happened before after the pressure dropped and came on later)

This morning I worked out that I’d activated the comfort mode (as the boiler would activate for a minute then go off) I then turned this off but when I went to put the heating on this evening the heating is not coming on.

We are seeing no fault codes, still have got water, I’ve reset the boiler, turned it on and off, reconfigured the wireless handset to the terminal but still no heating. Can anyone offer any help or advice this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Louisa,

Which particular Ecotec is it? Are there any zone valves? Is the boiler thermostat turned up on the heating side?

More info needed. Rf roomstat.? Ecotec have done many versions over the years. You could have hot water on say a s or y plan with immersion and cylinder on . and so your boilers not a combi. Maybe some pics might help

Sorry the boiler is a combi, it’s around 7 years old it’s a ecotec pro24

Sponsored Links
Sorry the boiler is a combi, it’s around 7 years old it’s a ecotec pro24

Try running the hot water and feel the heating pipes under the boiler, if they’re stating to warm up, you may have an internal issue with the boiler. Does this have the mechanical time switch 150? The boiler thermostat turned up?

Last edited:
Many thanks for you help much appreciated I think we will have to get someone in

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back