Help! Valiant combi boiler pressure dropping…

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need advice, my Valiant combi boiler, which is about 8 years old, pressure keeps falling day by day. I have had the Expansion Vessel replaced and PRV replaced, anti-leak stuff put into the system. Nothing has helped! There’s no signs of water or leaks anywhere. There are no pipes under the ground for or embedded in the walls. I even got a leak locator guy out who couldn’t find anything either or anything wrong with the boiler.
I’m at my wits end with it! Please help!

Sponsored Links
Turn the boiler off, and redirect the condensate into a bucket, then repressurise the boiler. If the bucket fills up, your main heat exchanger has failed

Thanks! I’ll have to get a plumber to that for me as I’m disabled.
I don’t if it would be the Heat Exchanger, wouldn’t that affect the hot water too?

Sponsored Links
Does the pressure increase at all, or just drop? Has it been isolated from the heating system?

The pressure just drops. No, I don’t think my usual plumber isolated it from the heating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back