Help! Vokera Maxin 24C - loud banging and then turns off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
When I turn on the hot water the boiler bangs, screeches and then the boiler turns off. Also the water is running hot, warm then cold, this has only happened in the last few days since I've been using the heating and hot water. Its running on central heating but its not giving out hot water??
I had a similar problem last year and a guy charged £185 to replace the hot water heat exchange. Could it be this again??
Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
The cause of your problems (I strongly suspect) is what is called a 'dirty system'. System sediments were not cleaned out when the boiler was fitted. These are now choking up the hot water heat exchanger.

Yopu can get a pile of hot water heat exchangers and keep changing these when the boiler chucks it. OR you could get the installation chemicaly cleaned and inhibited for it to work as intended.

I've spoken to the guy who fitted the heat exchanger last year and he said exactly the same as you. He recommended changing the radiators or having a power flush??? Do you think it's worth it?

I would get the system chemically cleansed and powerflushed. Replacing rads will not remove muck from the boiler and secondary heat exchanger

Sponsored Links
What sort of price should a powerflush and cleanse cost?
Thanks for your help, it's greatly appreciated.
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back