HELP which taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a new sink and taps fitted in the kitchen. I have a heat only boiler [according to the plumber] and I need to get a 0.5bar tap [seems to be very few of these available]. I have found 2 on the internet that I like that are 0.5bar but they both say single flow and quad spout. What does that mean and will they be suitable. Also the one I like best says deck mounted, does this mean it cant be sink mounted or can they be adapted. Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Anything below 0.5bar will be fine, so say you had a 0.1bar tap, this would be no problem.

The number refers to the minimum water pressure needed for the tap to function properly.

Mains water pressure is usually 1bar or more.

With a tank, the water pressure at the tap will be roughly 0.1bar for every metre that the water level in the tank, is above the height of the tap.

Your hot water cylinder is pressurised by the cold water tank, so the level in the cold tank is the one that matters.

Also the one I like best says deck mounted, does this mean it cant be sink mounted or can they be adapted.

Deck mounted just means that the bottom of the mixer tap fits flush to the surface that it's mounted on.

If your sink has two tap holes, with a flat area in between, you can use a deck mixer. Make sure that the spacing of the pipe tails is correct though!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back