Gravity hot water & new tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Im in the middle of replacing the downstairs cloakroom. I went to order a mixer tap this afternoon and noticed there was a minimum pressure of 0.5bar required.
To be honest this hadn't even crossed my mind. I replaced the kitchen tap with a mixer tap a couple of years ago and did notice the hot water has slow flow after fitting it - not a problem for rinsing things but the sink does take a while to fill.

I ended up measuring the height from the loft tank to the cloakroom and its approx 4.45 meters, so 0.445 bar.
Considering the tap is for a small wash hand basin only for washing hands using flowing water (not really going to be filling the sink), does anyone have any experience of what sort of flow to expect?
Would it be a waste of time ordering this tap?
I know there mixer taps for low pressure but there feels to be a very limited choice for black coloured taps.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Did you measure from the base of the loft tank to the tap outlet ? If so it will give hot water to wash hands but it won't " gush" out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back