Low pressure hot water tap ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Vokera Linea boiler installed for my hot water and heating, i live in a flat.

We had a mixer tap on our kitchen sink that had great hot water pressure but the hot tap used to sqeak when you turned it on, so i bought a new mixer tap from b&q and fitted that, cold water pressure is great, but when you turn the hot tap on it starts with a steady flow then dies to a trickle and you need to turn the tap more, its really annoying, reading the forum answers could it be that i bought the wrong mixer tap ,the new mixer tap i installed has seperate pipes for hot water and cold supply, any help would be great as i've sold my flat and move out in six weeks, and don't want to leave the tap the way it is.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I doubt you have the wrong one. It's shower mixers that are usually packaged as mains/tank fed and if connected to the opposite system may not work correctly. I suspect you have a 'quality' issue. Take it back and get it replaced.

I have seen a mixer that reduced the hot flow as it heated up, then started to drip when it cooled a bit after turning it off.

I put this down to differential expansion of the various parts of the tap when the body gets heated by the hot water.

Sponsored Links
Today i swapped over the units in the hot and cold taps, and the hot is working much better, and as the cold water is off the mains supply i'm getting plenty cold water through, happy to leave it like that.

Cheers
WS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back