Disappointing hot water flow from new tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Chaps

Just replaced the old mixer tap in the kitchen sink with a shiny new one and am quite disappointed with the flow from the hot water. It takes an age to fill the sink. I noticed that the feed pipes to the new tap had a slightly smaller internal diameter to the old ones. I was thinking of drilling it out a couple of mm, as it is the hot water side and not subject to too much pressure would this be ok? or are there any other ways to increase the water flow (apart from raising the header tank to the same altitude as the himalayas!)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Surefire said:
Just replaced the old mixer tap in the kitchen sink with a shiny new one and am quite disappointed with the flow from the hot water.
You and a million other people who've bought the wrong taps.

I was thinking of drilling it out a couple of mm, as it is the hot water side and not subject to too much pressure would this be ok?
It's usually the internal tap waterways that are the prime bottleneck, so there's pretty much nothing you can drill out that would improve the flow.

or are there any other ways to increase the water flow (apart from raising the header tank to the same altitude as the himalayas!)
1. Different taps.
2. Ensure that all other pipework is as free flowing as possible.
3. Add a pump.

Sponsored Links
We had same problem in our old house after having bathroom refitted.

We sold the house...

(Sorry, I know this isn't particularly helpful but shows that even with installations by "allegedly" professional people you can still end up with a poor result).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back