Help -Who can we complain to- trading standards etc

I was told that it was not available or needed as the completion certificate covered the work.
The building inspectors job is to check that your work complies with the building regulations so from their perspective this is true.

Of course filling out an EIC is advisable and may help to demonstrate to building control that your installation is compliant with the building regs but it has not and never has been a legal requirement.

The completion certificate only says that the work complies with Building Regulations. Including Part P - electrical safety.
Which is all that legally matters.

The installation certificate states that the work complies with Wiring Regulations. (BS7671 or equivalent).
Which are not and never have been law.

Sponsored Links
Interesting comments. I assumed that the BC electrician who approved the work would give a certificate to BC. I asked for a copy but as stated was told it was unnecessary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back