Help wiring thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a Honeywell wall thermostat connected to my Combi boiler and the thermostat is wired as in the following diagram (Pin 1 is Common which is the Always LIVE, pin 4 has no wires connected to it, pin 3, 2 and earth all have wires connected. When The thermostat clicks and activates then pin 3 becomes LIVE and pin 4 is dead. And when thermostat is OFF then pin 4 is LIVE and pin 3 is dead)

loXcsxy.png

Now i have a Tado smart thermostat that I need to replace this thermostat with but the Tado wiring pins are a bit different in that I understand the COM, NO and NC which are basically equivalant to pins 1,3 & 4 but then I have the pin 2 which on my Honeywell which is Neutral and the earth. I don't know where these go on the Tado. The Tado diagram is below. Can someone help please?

DRMlB81.png

Sponsored Links
I would put them in parking, as it appears that you don’t need a neutral, and earth is only for continuity purposes for eicr. Is the Tado battery operated?

Last edited:
I would put them in parking
I don’t know this product. I assume that the “parking” terminals are separate (is not joined together).
If so, all of the earth wires (if you have more than one) must go together in the same terminal
The neutral (in 2 at present) goes to a separate parking terminal.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thanks for the replies yes it seems that this thermostat doesn't need the neutral or the earth so it needs to be parked which are isolated terminals that sent connected to anything. And then it's just the live and no open connection that needed to be made.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back