1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with 35mm copper waste pipes

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by robert.m.airside, 5 Oct 2020.

1. robert.m.airside

robert.m.airside

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi all

I'm hoping someone can help me identify how to join existing copper 35mm (outer diameter) waste pipes to plastic 40mm and 32mm. I want to transition to plastic so I can fit easy compression or push fit fittings.

I am replacing my bath and sink.

I have already tried a compression waste reducer 32mm to 40mm and it feels loose using the 32mm end. Should I pack it out?

thanks

2. Sponsored Links
  3. terryplumb

terryplumb

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The 32 mm compression fitting should accommodate the 35 mm pipe ,are you saying that you have tried this and the 35 mm is loose into the 32mm compression ??

4. robert.m.airside

robert.m.airside

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi Terry thanks for the reply. Because of you surprise it wasn't working I checked again. It was still extremely loose.

I then went to my garage and brought in some other 32mm waste compression fittings. They were tight on the 35mm copper. The other fittings had thicker tampered rubber sealed. Obviously a poorly manufactured part. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1