help with a ferroli pls

Tally100 you misconstrued my meaning. I was speaking sympathetically as a teachers son, brother nephew ex nurse, whose mind was still fresh with the listening ear lent free of charge for an hour after I had got her heating working on a Saturday morning (when I would rather spend quality time with my young children).

How you could read what you did into my post taking it in the context of itself is baffling, regardless of my having to set for you the wider context.

Don't take a job as a hostage negotiator.

Sponsored Links
This poor Canadian lady has suffered under the staff room bullying and the incongruity of having to focus her entire effort at achieving government statistics instead of bringon on children to a higher level. Sats keeps childeen at a lower potential but make schools achieve league table targets.

One more carear wrecked by bullies and politicians, a whole bunch of children robbed of an enlightened education, and a chance to be nurtured to gain confidence in reaching above the ceiling of their background and the sats set them..

Every body can do something very well, it just may take them a little time to find out what that is.

My sister is a teacher and would not swap jobs with her for anything!!

Paul I am glad you still ask stupid questions. Sometimes when reading on here and other forums it does put a doubt in my mind as to whether I will ever have as much knowledge as some people who post. I have come to the conclusion that I will probably not. However I will try my hardest to do a professional job when in a customers home, and never take on anything that I do not know how to do.

Most of the questions that I have to ask are prompted by the comments or actions of the RGI that I go out with. Ofcourse you need experience for this job and it is the gathering of that experience that causes the problems for people.

When you have written all the letters to the local RGI and finally one of them agrees for you to go out with them, you are relieved that you can gain your experience. But, and this is a big but, you have no idea of the competence of the RGI that has agreed for you to tag along with them. So although you are in the eyes of Corgi gaining your experience, that experience may be flawed.

My RGI is a very nice bloke and I really do appreciate him letting me go out with him. He has never done a TT before or after a service, LGSC or repair that I have attended with him. Never taken a gas rate or done burner pressures. Never calculated ventilation for an appliance. However I have learnt a great deal from him in the stripping down and cleaning of a boiler.
I think that I need to go out with another RGI also so that I can get a more rounded experience. So all of you near Essex expect a letter !

Sponsored Links
Well I broke a pump gate valve in an unusual way today, instead of usual gate valve break where the shaft snaps but stays in situ so you keep turning but does no good, this one the shaft wound itself in instead of winding out the paddle.

On my own but anyway decided I would take it off live to try and fix it got it off, bung in hole.

Took it apart tried to reassemble broke it better than before only now water ****ing out from everywhere. Back off with it, bung hole again, off to merchants for new one. Live swap over again, got it this time.

Jumped down off the chest of draws I was perched on to do this work and smashed the front off the drawer.

and so on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back