help with a timing device

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi I have replaced my timing device. the boiler works when I operate it from the boiler. the timing device has power and works but does not seem to switch on the ch
i have a potterton 80 boiler and i have connected a honeywell timing device

help
have i just wired up the timing device incorrectly

Sponsored Links
There is a contradiction there somewhere.

The boiler should not be capable of working without the live signal which originates at the timing device is interupted by the stat and then if allowed forwarded to the boiler by the zone valve/s.

On the front of the boiler do you have constant, off and timed switch and if so have you tried the clock in both the timed and constant positions on the boiler. It could be possable you have wired the clock in and not the switch live.

Sponsored Links
My ch wasn't working I have changed the diverter valve. the ch now works when operated from the boiler but not from the timing switch. I thought the switch had gone wrong so I bought a new timer. A Honeywell electronic timer. There are two cables from the boiler one for the clock and one for 3 amp How do you tell which is which, and the wire for the electric plug. the layout for the wires on the old switch was as follows: two earths in first one three neutrals in the neutral two lives in the live one live in slot two one neutral in slot 4 with a live link between live and two same wiring that was there originally when it worked. The clock works and the boiler works but not together
have I wired the honeywell timer up wrongly it makes no sense to me.
please help ...................

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back