Help with Accenta G3 alarm please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have one of these which went off last night when we had a mini-power cut of a few minutes.

The battery was last changed 4 years ago so I'm assuming that it's time for a new one and am hoping to save myself the hundred quid or so it cost last time for the installers to come out.

Have googled the engineering info (http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Ade/4pi175_A-G3_inst.pdf) the system and found under battery

Accenta/Optima G3
mini/compact - 12V, 1.2
or 2.1Ah
Accenta/Optima G3
- 12V, up to 7Ah

Am I right in thinking that it's the second one - 12V, up to 7Av that I want - and when I go into the shop, exactly what do I ask for? e.g. "a house alarm battery 12V up to 7Ah" or do I need to know a particular physical size or something else?

Also, once I've got it, please could someone help with instructions for a very UN-diy person as to EXACTLY what to do from walking in the front door with new battery under arm in order to replace it?

Many thanks not only from me, but also the neighbours!

Sponsored Links
take the old one with you.

maplin sell them

12v 7Ah

the also happen to sell the best brand Yuasa

Breezer, thanks - but how do I get the old one out without setting it off again?

Sponsored Links
That's not the same as the operator's code is it? That's in the green booklet I have. Damn thing doesn't say anything about how to replace battery though. If it's not, is there any way of finding out? Do you know if it's a default or if each installer puts their own one in to try and get the repeat business?

thanks again

yes installation companies do change the factory default engineers code, but just open it and use your code to switch it off

Breezer, forget me for being dumb here - but do I need to turn off the circuit that it's on before wielding a screwdriver so I don't electrocute myself. Or is it enough to turn off the switch at its personal fuse box? (Would I need to take the fuse out as well?) And when I do that, would it not set the alarm off so it would be wailing for the length of time it takes me to unscrew the front of the panel, get the battery out and then replace the panel? Or could I just leave the front of the panel open once I've got the battery out (do you know if it's something that needs unscrewing or does it just pop out like in a torch) and then switch it back on at its fuse box? I'm just trying to not subject the neighbours to the noise again.

Thanks for your patience.

no dont turn the mains off, that would be the wort thing to do.

just dissconnect the battery before you go to maplin

Breezer (or anyone)

progress has been made - the old battery is out, the new battery has been bought. Next silly question - does it matter whether you attach the red or the black first when connecting the new battery?

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back