Help with ancient system please.....

Sponsored Links
LOL i guess im missing something here...but i did jump the gun a little and at last check i have 3 out of 4 rads warming up.....im just sat here willing the last one to join the party.

Mark.

just done that :) its the downstairs rads that arent getting warm, one is luke warm and the other is stone cold so far....not even any warmth in the pipes.

Mark.

Sponsored Links
ohh pump sounds suspect

kev is going to get smashed now

if yer want sense wait for agile or chrisr
if you want abuse wait for the old git :LOL: :cry:

LOL im back again :)

The system has been running all night. the pump appeas to be pumping ok but then i cant be sure.

I have 2 and a half rads working. one of the rads downstairs is working fine....the other is stone cold. the bedroom rad is half working and appears to be filling from the return end of the rad! the lockshield end is luke warm but the whole rad is hot!

Hi I read this post with interest as I have ' been there' , but it was only for a day or so . Having checked a lot of things to discount them I removed the pump and made up a couple of addaptors to attach to the system and connected long hoses to both. The other ends were out in the garden . I attached one to the garden tap and with mains pressure flushed the system into a flower bed. You would not believe the ammount of sluge that came out. by turning off all but one rad at a time I was able to flush out all the rads and their pipework as well. When the water came out clean , I reversed the supply and discharge pipes and backflushed the system and got a bit more sluge . After reinstating the pump the system was perfect

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back