Motorised valve problem

I had intended to go through the operation 1 at a time, sometimes easier to follow ( or it is for me)

I still suspect the neutral

Sponsored Links
Fine, super, not disagreeing - just those terminal numbers..!

The heating position on the programmer sends a live to the room stat.
Turning off the heating setting on the programmer shows no live to the room stat. Turning it back shows a live at the stat.
Every wire works as it should.
I have disconnected each one and re-connected them in isolation to check each individual wire.
Both valve actuators would appear to be goosed.
Further to this - and this is as it was wired, not my doing.
A red wire is connected to the room stat input (output being to white on the valve). Also connected to this wire via a terminal block is a BLACK wire from the programmer AND on the other side of the terminal block the BLUE wire to the valve actuator. Red & Black on the same terminal??????
To clarify. A black wire comes up to a junction box near the valve from the programmer. This is live when heating is on. On the end of this is a 2 ended terminal block. There are 2 wires in 1 end & blue to the valve on the other. The other wire connected to the same end as the programmer black wire is a red which supplies a live to the room stat. The other stat connection goes back upsatirs to the jucntion box were via another terminal it is connected to the white on the valve.
Tomorrow I'll try to draw up a wiring diagram on C.A.D. and PDF it.

stick the blue wire from the actuator to a neutral and try it

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
is that a technical term DIA :LOL:

Very kev :LOL:

Sounds like the black from the programmer should be the neutral and the red should'nt be there, but there again He's convusing me now/

The BLUE from the valve is neutral

doitall said:
I don't have what can be determined as a deffinate neutral in the junction box.

barrowfordred said:
doitall said:
I don't have what can be determined as a deffinate neutral in the junction box.

Then it won't work, there has to be a neutral wire somewhere, find it and you should solve the problem

Success (in a way) I connected the blue to a definate neutral ( on the end of an extension lead) and the white as it is i.e output from the room stat. Result valve moves. So the connection in the junction box isn't neutral!!!!!!! So much for living in a show house. Beats me how it ever worked????????
I'll try to bottom this now I know the valve works. Thanks for all your help and patience.
Now - how do I check for neutral :rolleyes:

bripl said:

Gets the posts up brilp

pensativo.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back