Help with banging boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok got a problem with a misbehaving boiler

With the help from a friend i fitted a new boiler before xmas working fine but as the old one rotted i decided to put primary care (central heating inhibitor...........what it says on the bottle hope it makes sense)

As i said had no problems with the boiler up till now even fitted a new rad before the old boiler died so have drained the system a few times before with no problems. Just after putting the primary care in this started?

Now i have a very nasty banging every now and then which i assume is either air in the system.........i have bled all the rads at least twice and all i get is water now .......or could it be one of the baffles (i assume thats what the heavy metal plates in the boiler are called sorry have forgotten)
I don,t see how it could be a baffle as surely it would have made a noise long before now, and if it is air then how do i get it out as i have bled all rads ???

If makes any difference i have a header tank in the loft which i drained along with some of the water from the system then put product into header tank and let it refill itself as instructed on the bottle
Ok just a quick add on it,s an oil fired boiler as well :oops:
90/130

Hope this makes sense and you can help

Martin

Sponsored Links
crikey sounds like the system is not compatable with boiler,just like putting petrol into a diesel vehicle.ie it will be ok for a while.
who comissioned new boiler.get them back as something was over looked.

Get that stuff out of your system and quick.... dain it and fill it, run it for a day, and do it again.... try this several times, see if it makes any difference and maybe you will save you nice new shiny boiler too.....

Ive heard horrer stories about new boilers and addatives.... get it out...

Like somone said earlier.... putting petrol in a diesel will work for a while bu eventually BOOOOOM !!! one broken angine....

also does your new boiler warrenty cover you to use addatives? im guessing it wont do....

Just a thaught...

Sponsored Links
is there a bypass valve in your system?and does the boiler bang all the time or just when the trv,s reach temp.and shut off.the inhibitor should cause no problems as it,s in the heating side of the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back