Help with boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi Solo HE 15 regular boiler, system is open vented with a F&E in the loft for the rads. Upstairs only had rads in the bathroom and back bedroom so i have installed rads in the 2 front bedrooms and moved the back bedroom rad, i have used Speedfit and plastic pipe.

Filled system back up and boiler goes to lockout and leds indicate no flow/ flow return reversed. I have tried bypassing the flow switch and the boiler fires but starts to make strange noises like it's about to explode before cutting out, the F&E tank also starts to fill with hot water.

Any ideas? I'm thinking airlock some where.

Sponsored Links
I'm thinking if you are daft enough to by-pass the flow switch you are daft enough to have done something random and wrong elsewhere.

An airlock is likely.

An airlock, or perhaps you shut a valve off and didnt open it again!

By-passing safety devices is a big naughty no no.

Don't do it!

I know, thought it might of been a faulty flow sensor. Silly thing to do, checked, everything is open. Only thing i didn't do is open the 2 motorized valves manually when draining/filling.

Looks like no flow is getting to the boiler, it doesn't fire at all since flow switch is detecting no flow. Never had an open vent system before so still learning.

Sponsored Links
Sounds airlock like. The baxi's are quite sensitive to poor flow.

Various ways to clear an airlock, i think theres a how to in the site wiki or FAQs section

Is the Circulating pump running when called for?? :confused:

I have managed to get it working, there is an air vent at side of tank, just looked liked a capped off pipe at first glance, took an hour or so to get all the air out, boiler kept starting and then cutting off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back