Help with brown DHW prob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening All.
Apologies if I don't get the terminology right.
Thinking the brownish specks of gunge stuff coming from my hot water taps was due to the thin layer of gunge on the bottom of my plastic header tank in the loft I drained and cleaned the tank and drained the indirect hot water cylinder in the airing cupboard below, but while the gunge particles have largely gone the tap water is brown in colour.
Cold water is fine.
Boiler is a Worcester Danesmoor 12/14 serviced three months ago. C/H is a sealed system which runs fine.
Could the prob be the cylinder and if so what can go wrong with these internally to cause this?

Any tips or info greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply rochdalegas.
Are there any internal parts of the copper cylinder that can corrode causing contamination of water? Cylinder is about 11 years old.

Sponsored Links
. Unless the coils gone (unlikely) there shouldnt be much chance of any contamination its basically just copper. When cleaning header tank any crud/sediment will have been disturbed and will have to work through system couple of baths and it should be running clear again. Also make sure lids back on tight in loft

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back