Help with CCTV Dome Cameras

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning, I have recently had 4 Vista Dome Cameras installed in my shop, which worked fine until about 2 months ago. Now only 2 are working / getting a picture on the screen.

I have rang the company who installed these who are quoting me a call out fee to come an inspect even though there were only installed a few months ago?

It is not a power issue as i have changed the power leads over and this makes no difference. All i am getting is a black screen on the monitor.

Within the camera i can see 'iris level' which can be changed, and 2 switches which are either BLC or ON and AGC or ON.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You need to check your quotation/terms and conditions, as this should detail any warranty period (standard is 12 months parts and labour)

I would'nt go messing with any equipment until you have clarified any warranty details with them. Out of interest, are the company that fitted members of an inspectorate (SSAIB or the NSI)?

With static cameras not outputting video, this can be caused by a number of things. First and foremost culprit is usually the power supply failing. Depending on the operating voltage of the camera (it will be either 12 or 24 volts, could be DC or AC) you should be getting a stable voltage at the camera end, within the operating range specified by the manufacturer.

Another fault could be a poorly made off BNC connector on the camera or at the recording equipment end, or even that the cameras have accidentally been set to covert on the DVR.

It could be that the cameras have gone faulty (unlikely, but not impossible). Vista is usually good stuff to be honest.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back