Help with changing taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently bought a new kitchen mixer tap but when I tried to fit it I hit a bit of a problem.

The new tap has the flexible connector pipes but the old tap has copper pipes running straight into the base.

Can I just cut through the old copper pipes and fit some kind of adaptor that the flexi pipes will screw onto?

- Rob -

Sponsored Links
Sorry, but I'm something of a novice. What is the 15mm, I'm guessing that it's the diameter of the pipe.

Can I just use a hacksaw to cut the pipes? I'm surprised it's so simple, I was expecting to be welding things and having loads of fun with a blowtorch :D

PS. Cool signature!

yes 15mm or 1/2"" in old money is the diameter of the pipe

i take it this is the type of flexi you mean
p1810387_l.jpg

if so the other end is a compression fitting and should go straight on if you use a hacksaw clean the rag off the pipe before you make the joint ;)

Sponsored Links
It's similar but I can't see how it would attach directly to a pipe.

One end of each of my flexi tubes is attached inside the tap and the other ends have a small nut which looks as though it should be screwed onto something. The one in the picture you posted seems to have a much larger nut at the end which I imagine is the bit that fixes to the pipe. Is it possible that I need to buy one of these and screw it onto the end of my flexi pipes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back