Basin Mixer Tap copper pipe snapped !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a glass sink from plumbworld, it came with a free tall monoblock mixer tap.

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/ceramica-pedestal-mounted-1624-16261

The tap is connected to water supply via 10mm screw connection at the base of the tap. Now the connectors inside the tap are actually two 10mm copper pipes that have been threaded at the end for the flexi to be connected to. The internal copper pipe at the base of the tap has snapped.

I have seen some of these taps that are in two parts and some one part.
This is an example of a two part mixer tap that screws together.

Would you recommend the ones with two parts and connectors being 15mm compression type with flexi inside the tap rather than this chinese crap I bought from plumbworld having rigid copper connectors inside the tap.

Sponsored Links
If the part is replaceable then ask James if he can supply a replacement part for you.

Copper is easily solderable and I would be doing a solder job with 8 mm tube soldered inside the 10 mm.

Tony

The part is not replaceable as it is inside the tube of the tap. You virtually need to cut the tap open in order to get access to it and then the solder job is not good as it won't have the thread to fit the flexi onto.

I have emailed plumbworld for a tap replacement but not quite sure of what's their guarantee, if it's 12 months I'm covered !

Also if you cut the tap from underneath then it won't be stable enought to mount it on the glass sink...

Opinions on different tall monobloc mixer taps for glass sinks please...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back