Help with choice of bath taps.

Pillar taps, such as these. Flow is terrific, even with a low-pressure system. I have an older version of these. The design is very smooth and easy to keep clean.

They have the screw-down capstan, and are individual, not a mixer.
http://www.bristan.com/epages/Bristan.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Bristan/Products/"R 3/4 C"/SubProducts/"R 3/4 C^1"

I think the flow on your quarter-turn tap would not be as good because they have a ceramic cartridge, but have not tested this.

Bristan make very good taps, widely available. Sometimes stock is remaindered on ebay. Have a look at their range to see what you like, then search around for price.

p.s.
don't use the braided flexible tab connectors, because they constrict flow, as does the ball-o-fix valve. I used 22mm flexible copper connectors, which is sort of convoluted like a vacuum cleaner hose. They are not really flexible, but easy enough to bend to position by hand when you have your head under a bath. I am a householder, not a plumber

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back