Help with cooker hood extraction options/regs please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Just trying to rough out a layout for the kitchen in our renovation project.

We hopes to fit the extractor, the regulation height of course, on the chimney breast which is on the party wall.

The closest outside wall is on the left, about 2.5 meters distance for the ducting to travel. However this would arrive at the outside wall about 60 cm from our kitchen window. I can only assume it would only be a little over a metre from our neightbour's window.

Our second idea was to take the ducting straight up and run it across the ceiling to the external wall opposite (open plan kitcehn diner) but this gives a distance of around 6 metres to the outside.

We discussed putting the hob on an island (which we will have anyway), but this would still leave a disatnce of around 4 metres to the outside world, and the hood is about 3 times the cost!

I assume there are hoods that can do this, buit how do I find out? the spec for most I have looked into doesn't seem to specify more than the extraction rate.

This is the one we had decided on:

http://www.electrolux.co.uk/Products/Cooking/Cooker_hoods/Canopy_hoods/EFG70023S

Any hints or tips much appreciated!!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back